A shadow of what I'm thinking. A glimpse of what I'm feeling.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Faith

Flight #24 was a major turning point in my life. Never before did I know there was someone who loved me just the way I am. Or that no matter where I go, I am not alone. I knew about God, and I knew He gave everything for me, but I never fully understood that idea. He gave His LIFE for ME. I had heard that a million times, but never actually thought about it. I never realized that He loved me exactly how I was-no need to change. With all that I've done wrong, He still loves me. And I know this may be a little late (3 1/2 yrs. to be exact) but I've never thought about how monumental this time in my life has been until now.
Since my flight I have been working on my relationship with God and I've learned that it is not an easy thing. It takes work and it takes lots of faith. I've been through some "rough patches" in my life that made me angry with God and really put my faith to the test. I tell Him when I'm mad, when I'm happy, sad..etc. I talk to God like I talk to a friend. It shouldn't be a formal thing. He doesn't want us to have "guidelines" when talking to Him. I guess what I'm getting at is that without a relationship with God, you can believe all you want but you will never truly have that connection. It's a continual work in progress so don't lose the faith.

"I'll be by your side wherever you've fallen, in the dead of night whenever you call and please don't fight these hands that are holding you."--Tenth Avenue North

No comments:

Post a Comment