A shadow of what I'm thinking. A glimpse of what I'm feeling.

Saturday, April 16, 2011

My journey...in a nutshell.

I don't even know how to start this latest post other than a good hearty virtual, "AH!!!!!" The past 8 months just may very be the best of my life so far. Long story short, I was raised in a Christian home, went to church most Sundays, and then it just sort of fizzled. We didn't go to church anymore, and I lost that "complete" feeling in my life. For a long time I never even realized what was missing until I found it again. I started going to church again in my later high school years and got involved in some volunteer retreats, but I never found a church I felt was right for me. I went to church and it was good at first and I loved everyone there, but after some time, I felt as if I was just going to church because I was supposed to. 8 months ago I started going to White Horse Christian Center and I feel I have found a place where it is just right for me.

I have learned more in the last 8 months at White Horse than I have at the church I attended previously for 2 years. (I'm not saying the church I went to before was bad, by any means. I simply believe that everyone has their own way of understanding and absorbing certain things.) Being at White Horse, I feel God's presence in me so much more now, because I am learning to yield my whole self to Him. I've realized that God is not found in a place of worship and praise, wherever that may be, but that He dwells within you.

I feel so blessed that He has guided me to this place, and that He has put such amazing people in my life. Everyone I've met at WHCC has helped me to grow in my relationship with God and to continually work on it. I'm still learning so much and I am so excited! I am so happy at this point in my life, to have finally found that peace in my heart and His spirit within me. It is a feeling I've tried to explain, but it honestly is something you can only feel for yourself. There are no words to even begin to describe the feeling. It's been a wild journey so far, and I'm ready for what all He has planned for me in my next steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment